Thursday, February 19, 2009

Digital Remix Ideas

The last time we had class, I talked about my woman as steel magnolia idea. So when we talked about our digital remix, the first thing that came to mind was combining a magnolia with steel. I'm not sure quite how to do this yet, but I think I would start with a picture of a magnolia (or some other flower) and then try to make a kind of x-ray (like the pictures we were looking at in class last time) to show steel underneath.

Another idea is to use my avatar from second life. She has two distinct appearances: one as Jane Harvy, her delicate alter ego, and the other as Dixie, her superhero self. I could have Jane looking in a mirror and seeing Dixie as her reflection.

I also have a vague idea of doing something with androgyny. Dixie is a bit masculine with her large muscular frame, but she still has feminine curves. I might take a picture of a man and then make it more feminine or vice versa.

All these ideas are theoretical at the moment. I don't know much about the practical aspects of photoshop, but maybe y'all can help me and let me know which one seems most feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment